Pages

Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Warrior Dash!

*Before*


*After*

Isabella Bruisalini, Great White Shart, Anacringe Skywalker, Big Headed Honky & Julietta Vendetta

By: Great White Shart

Jumping over fire, sliding into murky 48-degree water, running through the woods and crawling under barbed wire.


It sounds like we might have been running for our lives but we were just willing participants in the North East version of the Warrior Dash. The Warrior Dash is a crazy 5k that was held at Windham Mountain this past weekend. Isabella Bruisalini, Anacringe Skywalker, Julietta Vendetta, K.D. Bang and I were just a few of the Albany All Stars that participated in this weekends Warrior Dash.


What a challenge! What a rush! The first 1.5 miles of this insane 5k are spent climbing hills that most people have skied down. The 2nd half of the race was spent running back downhill, sliding in the mud and running through very narrow trails over rocks and streams.


I’ve never done anything this challenging; a year ago, I was a chain smoker whose only physical exertion was walking to the fridge. Now, I’ve finished my first 5k. The most insane 3-mile run one could choose. I’m proud of myself. I was proud of myself at the top of the mountain, only 1.5 miles through the race. I’m proud of my teammates too; Vendetta completed the race with a sprained knee and none of us gave up ever.


I fell many times and bruised my knees, going down the waterslide, I got kicked in the chest (by accident), and there are puncture wounds in my hands from when I fell trying to get out of the way of other runners.

What an amazing race though. Who’s signing up next year???

No comments:

Post a Comment